COPA is comprised of a diverse staff with many years of investigative and legal experience. Because our work takes us into communities throughout the City, we wanted to give you insight into the people that populate the agency and our work throughout Chicago.
COPA partnered with Junior Achievement of Chicago to participate in a Career Day Event held on May 12th to talk to students at John W. Garvy Elementary School. COPA represented the agency to discuss the importance of police accountability and helped students understand the agency operations through an interactive mock-investigation exercise.
Junior Achievement hosts several Career Days throughout the city to help high school students make informed, intelligent decisions about their future, and foster skills that will be highly useful in the business world. COPA has enjoyed a long-standing partnership with JA and looks forward to more events in the future!
COPA spent a beautiful day in March cleaning up multiple lots in North Lawndale and we were able to share the day with other city agencies, as well as members of the community who came out to beautify their backyards!
COPA partnered with Junior Achievement of Chicago to participate in a Career Day Event to talk to high school students at Chicago Military Academy about our agency role in police reform on May 13th. Angel Edmond, Senior Public Information Officer represented the agency at this virtual community event held at Chicago Military Academy, which is a public 4-year military high school located in the Bronzeville neighborhood located on the South Side of Chicago.
Junior Achievement hosts several Career Days throughout the city to help high school students make informed, intelligent decisions about their future, and foster skills that will be highly useful in the business world.
COPA staff #WearOrangeChi for Gun Violence Awareness Day because our kids and our communities deserve better.
Facts About Our Team
Breakdown of Budgeted Positions
(as of June 23, 2022)
- 1 Chief Administrator
- 1 First Deputy
- 5 Deputy Chief Administrators
- 1 Chief of Staff
- 2 Public Information Officers
- 1 Assistant General Counsel
- 1 Chief Investigative Law Officer
- 1 Senior Litigation Counsel
- 1 Director of Training and Professional Development
- 1 Director of Administrative Services
- 3 Director of Investigations
- 16 Supervising Investigators
- 1 Director of Information Systems
- 16 Major Case Specialists
- 54 Investigators
- 1 Evidence Specialist
- 3 Digital Forensic Analysts
- 1 Research Associate
- 1 Senior Policy Analyst
- 6 Attorneys
- 1 Supervising Paralegal
- 4 Paralegals
- 4 FOIA Officers
- 1 Staff Assistant
- 1 Executive Administrative Assistant II
- 3 Administrative Assistant IIs
- 1 Administrative services Officer II
- 1 Administrative Services Officer I
- 1 Inquiry Ade
- 1 Training Officer
- 3 Quality Management Analysts
- 3 Intake Aides
- 2 Senior Information Analysts
- 1 Technical Support Administrator
- 1 Director of News Affairs
- 1 Director of Public Affairs
- 3 Case Liaisons
- 1 Data Entry Operator
(as of June 23, 2022)
- 43% White
- 42% African American
- 12% Hispanic
- 2% Asian
- 1% Unknown
- 56% Female
- 44% Male
Our Organizational Structure