COPA’S Community Advisory Council (CAC) serves as one method of communication and feedback between Chicago’s communities and the agency. The CAC members provide the agency an opportunity to hear directly from residents on the impact of the agency’s work on City residents. The inaugural members of the CAC include:
- Dr. Byron T. Brazier – Pastor, Apostolic Church of God
- Emmett Farmer – Affected Family Member
- Dean Creasie Finney Hairston – Dean and Professor, University of Illinois Chicago – Jane Addams College of Social Work
- Rev. Dr. Johnny Miller – Pastor, Mt. Vernon Baptist Church
- Atty. Steve Saltzman – Civil Rights Attorney
- Richard Wooten – Founder, Gathering Point Community Council & Former Chicago Police Officer
- Remel Terry – 2nd Vice President, NAACP Westside
- Dwayne Bryant – Founder & CEO, Inner Vision International & Author of “About The Stop“
- Ramon Estrada – General Counsel, Chicago Housing Authority
CAC members are leaders within their communities and are interested and invested in improving police accountability in Chicago. Members attend quarterly CAC meetings, as well as other events, as appropriate. CAC members can be nominated by current members or by the public to COPA’s Public Affairs Section.
If you have questions about the CAC, please contact Mia Sissac, Deputy Chief Administrator/Public Information Officer.